(updated July 2021)
"Playing with the Queen of Hearts. Knowing it ain't really smart. Joker ain't the only fool. Who'll do anything for you." ~Juice Newton
Viva Las Vegas! Whether it's the Elvis impersonators, 24-hour gambling, a world-class food scene, limitless concerts and shows, quirky attractions, dayclubs and nightclubs, and drive-thru wedding chapels, there's a reason why people are always saying, "Only in Vegas." Here's a list of 37 fun and unique things to do (some of them are FREE) to help you prepare for a memorable experience in Sin City. And watch out for Lady Luck. She's a tease.
1. Visit the Bellagio Conservatory - FREE. The floral presentation changes seasonally.
2. Outdoor Water Show in front of Bellagio. Every hour. FREE
3. Stratosphere: On the North End of the Strip, the observation deck is 855 ft in the air. You'll get breathtaking views of Vegas. Four thrill rides atop of Stratosphere. Special price to experience all.
4. Take a FREE gambling lesson! Many of the casinos will offer 30 min intro classes in the AM. They want you to gamble. Learn the basics for popular table games such as Craps (my favorite), Poker, Blackjack.
5. Learn to Ride a Bull Dozer at Dig This - Highly Recommend!
6. Fremont Street Light Show: FREE
7. Visit Leo the MGM Lion, located outside of MGM Grand at the corner or Tropicana and LV Blvd. Leo is the largest bronze sculpture in America. FREE
8. Ride the High Roller, the world's tallest Ferris Wheel! Amazing Views of Vegas
9. Order the Pink Cashmere Cocktail at the Sage Bar, ARIA
10. Hit the Jackpot? There's world-class shopping at The Forum at Caesar's, The Shops at Crystals and Grand Canal Shops at Venetian.
11. Fremont Street Light Show: FREE
12. Ride the High Roller, the world's tallest Ferris Wheel! Amazing Views of Vegas
13. Visit the shops and restaurants at the LINQ: FREE
14. Sweet Tooth? Visit the Cupcake ATM!
15. Place a bet at a Sportsbook. You can place a bet on anything! I love watching all NFL games on the giant screens during football season. Great energy and fans donned in team gear esp at MGM, Caesars, and Bellagio.
16. Mob Museum: You can spend a couple of hours in this fascinating venue learning about organized crime and the history of Vegas.
17. What happens to old Casino signs? Check out the Neon Museum - Highly Recommend!
18. Go on a Gondola Ride at the Shoppes at Venetian.
19. Attend a Show! One of my favorites, Absinthe, is held under the Big Tent outside of Caesar's. 21+ audience.
20. Take a picture in the 3-story marble walkway of the Grand Colonnade, The Venetian
21. Volcano at Mirage - fire erupts more than 60' in the air. Nightly shows every hour: FREE
22. Ask for to-go cups when you leave a bar. You can walk outside to your next stop with your cup. It's legal in Vegas!
23. Don't take pictures of the costumed characters on the Strip - unless you want to pay a fee.
24. Chocolate fan? Visit the chocolate bar in the back of at Hexx Chocolate & Confexxions for FREE chocolate samples.
25. Take a picture in the Big Red Pump - entrance of Cosmopolitan FREE
26. Sip on a Cocktail in Cosmpolitan's 3-story Chandelier Bar. Order their secret cocktail, The Verbena, on Bar Level 1.5 where it was invented. Cheers!
27. Enjoy the show, Pawn Stars? Their store, Gold and Silver Pawn Shop, is located on the north end of The Strip. FREE
28. Considering a Spa Splurge? I love the Spa at Aria and their outdoor therapy pool
29. Check out the Flamingo Habitat in the Flamingo Hotel: FREE
30. Make a wish at the Fountains in front of Caesar's Palace: FREE
31. Welcome to Las Vegas Sign - it's on the South side of The Strip past Mandalay Bay: FREE
32. Need a late-night snack? Head to Gotham located at the back of ARIA. Best pizza and craft beer selections on the Strip.
33. Do you enjoy 80's arcade games? Do you enjoy pinball machines? Play your quarters at the Pinball Hall of Fame.
34. Former Heavyweight Champ Joe Louis has a statue by the Caesar's sportbook. Take a picture with the "Brown Bomber." FREE
35. Stop by Jean Philippe Patisserie at ARIA to see the over-sized Chocolate Sculpture on display. FREE
36. Want a great photo of the Vegas lights? Head up to the SkyFall Lounge at the top of Delano Las Vegas at Mandalay Bay. Enjoy 180-degree views of the city. FREE
37. Get your adrenaline pumping and fly like Superman high above Fremont on the Slotzilla Zipline in Downtown Vegas. It's 114' high and you'll fly through the entire Fremont experience at speeds up to 35mph!